The impact of social media is rather undeniable. What started out as a way to share pictures and status updates with friends, has grown into a global outreach tool for individuals and businesses alike. A decade ago, just 7% of the US population was on social media, today that number has skyrocketed to 65%. Globally, there are 2.3 billion active users around the world, a number that increases by 10% every year. And it’s not just teenagers. Approximately 75% of Facebook users fall between the ages of 25 and 64, and it is the #1 utilized, and #1 growing social media platform in the world. What does this mean for your brand? Each day you’re not on social media is a day you’re missing billions of opportunities.
Social media provides an endless array of possibilities and visibility with the power to promote you to “it brand” status overnight. But with numerous platforms (YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.), numerous types of content (Pictures, Videos, GIFs, Blogs…the list goes on), and incredibly varied audiences, it can be difficult to determine which avenue will best complement your brand’s message.
Swagger Media takes a multi-tiered approach to developing an optimal social media strategy for your unique brand. Here’s what that includes:
- Auditing existing social media pages. Social Media Marketing is most effective when you’re utilizing the correct channels and when each facet of your online presence is in sync with your brand identity. Because each platform speaks to a different audience and utilizes a different type of content, it’s important to optimize each one individually to ensure your brand’s message is consistent and engaging.
- Ensuring each page is custom designed and populated by relevant content. Your audience follows you for a reason, ensuring that you post content that is meaningful to them will keep them engaged, and keep them talking. Every share and every referral creates new revenue opportunities and increases your brand awareness.
- Monitoring all interactions, conversations, feedback, and content sharing. Sharing content with your audience is only the media part of social media. Staying on top of your pages’ narrative in real-time is important because it makes your brand accessible to its followers, making them feel valued. You can promptly share meaningful insight in response to any comments, questions, or concerns expressed by your consumers.
- Making sense of trends and new developments. Social media trends can vary by day, by time, by platform, by audience…you name it. In addition, social media platforms make regular updates to features, rules, and algorithms. Our team stays on top of any changes in trend and usability to capitalize on opportunities for expanded visibility and keep your brand topical.
- Conducting quarterly and yearly strategy meetings. The underlying conversations on social media may change daily, and we remain in stride with that; however, it’s also important to review a broader scope of time to understand if the consistent message, voice, and content are being effective long-term.
- Providing comprehensive performance reports. We keep every client up to date with reports which outline the campaigns’ performance and areas of additional opportunity. We place high importance on working with our clients to ensure the authenticity of your brand identity.
With the substantial popularity of social media, at least part of your audience will be available to you 24/7, either via computer or mobile device. Daily exposure and interaction can establish a sense of familiarity and trustworthiness between your brand and your audience. Because it is such a data rich marketing tool, it’s particularly proficient at targeted marketing, putting you directly in front of the very people you wish to speak to.